Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Baen's Universe and other stories.

Woohoo! Just finished my maths test, went ok I think. Even if Graham didn't share his potion of intelligence with me. (Meanie!) Will have to see though.

The main reason I'm posting this is to promote Jim Baen's Universe, an online SF/Fan magazine that comes out every two months. I've attempted to ram a few stories down various friend's throats, but I thought I might as well do this too, and help the cause.

THE LINK TO CLICK!!!

If you are at Rhodes, it is possible to use their subscription to read it (contact me and I'll tell you how), if not, you'll have to wait till they introduce lower subscription rates for foreign countries, unless you can get PayPal to work.

They publish a wide variety of stuff: SF and Fantasy by established authors, a few serial stories (The Fish Stories are absolutely brilliant), a few factual articles (usually pertaining to space or science) and a column on DRM (Digital Rights Management) [for the record, they are against it].

All in all it's well worth checking out. They also pay the authors and artists well above the normal going rate so it's worth supporting them for that.

Anyway, I need to get back to my Comp Sci.

Have lovely [insert time till next post here] lifeforms, anthropomorphic manifestations or AIs.

[Aston vanishes in cloud of pixels]

No comments: