Wednesday, August 30, 2006

One of *those* days....

Ever had one of those days where nothing seems to go right? And ever written a test on one of those days?

At least today wasn't one of those.... *evil chuckle*

Wrote three tests today. That's right, count 'em. In order:

  1. Geology (DAWNIE) was OK. Went a bit blank on the structural side of it but I should still pass.
  2. Computer Science was also OK. Despite not really being sure what's going on with Java, I still seem to have gotte similar answers to the others, so I think I passed that one too.
  3. MATHS *cue wailing and gnashing of teeth* Hopefully passed. Answered a lot more than in the past at east. Need to work on optimisation though, I bombed on that section a bit.

So, of three tests, I'm happy about two and think I did better than I have done in the past in the third. So it's all good.

Montagu saga: seems that we have lost all our official transport, since they need the busses on the days we need them for all the people to get to the airport and back. So we need to make a plan there. Means we might go on the train, or get a bus, or use private cars.

Dale and I practised multipitches on the climbing wall the other day. We did three pitches on a 10m high wall. Rather sad really.... Even more sad, thereare no holds on the wall for this reason:

There's a big comp on Saturday. Might take part, but with some of the best climbers in SA expected to show up, I doubt I'll place. Will have to see since Dave has said "there's a charge of R20 for entering the comp - this is to ensure that we don't get random poor people climbing :) Actually I think most of it goes to charity - basically we rob the poor to give to the poor-er :) Anyway, to cut a long story short the registration is gonna happen from 9 to 10 at the wall on Saturday... Oh ya, there's a R500009803.27 entry fee if your name is Martin."

Wonderful no? Puts me out of the running a bit. But I think I'm definitely getting better with my climbing, I managed a 100 point haul yesterday, my first. The routes were a bit easier though I think.

What else is there...? Lectures continue apace. Two more tests to go. Then vac. Woohoo!! Climbing!

Gonna miss Kay though. And all the other people. Gonna be so stuffed when I get back, I'll need a real holiday.

Ah well, physics tut calls....

Aston, out.

No comments: