Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Update time!

I haven't been giving the blogs the attenton they deserve recently. Been rather busy.

Anyway, Tri-varsity is coming up this weekend. So I'm getting out of here. Drunk students all over, too much noise.
Not my scene. So, I'm going climbing. Which will be waay more fun. And I have the whole of Friday afternoon off to do what needs to be done which is unusual.
I just hope that nothing like last year happens, apparently there were a few rapes.
Which is one of the most sick and twisted things you can do in my opinion. (That's a whole 'nother rant...)

What else has happened...?

There was a special Neko showing on Sunday in collaboration with Amnesty International to commemorate the 61st (I think) anniversay of the first nuclear weapon to be used in anger.
(Today is the anniversary of the second if memory serves.)
They showed a movie called "Grave of the Firefies".
Whoah. It was something. t's one of those movies that just its you throught sheer emotion, rather than violence and gore. If you think war is OK, watch this.
If you still think war is OK after seeing it, retire from the human race please.

I'm not getting much sleep recently, work and other stuff is keeping me up way too late. I'll have to do more when I have time, rather than letting stuff slide till evening.
Anyway, lectures go OK. Geology is really cool at the moment, so is physics and comp sci. Maths is soo much slower than when Mr Shepard was lecturing. Guess it's for the best. Chemistry I'm getting really bored with.

It's so annoying: I have never read less fiction in my lafe than I have here at Rhodes. I need to make time to read what I want to. I'll do some this evening actually. At least 1/2 an hour every day if I can manage it. Should be able to get something done in that time.

Anyway, I'd better get going, I have lectures to attend.

*Aston vanishes in flash of light

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lolz @ previous comment. Can you say BOT!