Monday, August 14, 2006

Woohoo!

I got high this last weekend! Major fun. *does happy dance*

To be a bit more serious and come off of my high, I went climbing this weekend. I managed to miss out on the whole Trivarsity malarky. Apparently we won, which I gather means that Rhodents drank more per capita than the other varsities (Nelson Mandela Metroploitan University and Fort Hare for the record). Well done guys (and gals).

*evil chuckle*

To get back to something that vaguely interests me (heehee), the climbing was fun: vertical tilted strata so it got interesting depending on which side of the rock you were on. Lead most of the climbs I did at least, which I am pleased with. I'm getting better.

I almost got benighted. *shudder* That was not cool. I was cleaning a route and it got a bit dark a bit faster than I had hoped. Needed a torch to get back to the campsite, luckily only about 20 meters away.
Then yesterday, we got chased off an interesting looking climb by a bee hive: Kev stuck his head around the corner and almost into it. We waited a bit but they weren't calming down so we abandoned three draws and admitted defeat.

On the way back a tire went flat. (Not fun.) Then we had to get the spare off the bus. (Even more not fun.) Got back a little late.

And the library has a subscription to Baens Universe! *does happy dance at the thought of short SF that I can read in a few minutes*

Anyway, I have to go. Life awaits....

Aston out.

No comments: